What is a mold inspection and why do I need one?
If you see mold, then why would you need a test, right? However, even if you have visible mold, an inspection can tell you just how far the problem has spread and where it started.
Step One: Visually inspect the home for evidence of mold and excess moisture.
Step Two: Take a small sample of visible mold and send it to the lab so that we are 100% sure we are dealing with mold.
Step Three: Take an air sample, which tells us the number of mold spores that are within the house, compared to the outdoor mold spore count.
You need a mold inspection…
- If you found growths on your walls and/or furniture.
- If you have a musty odor, especially in lower areas of your home.
- If you are buying a new home.
- After any water damage has occurred.
- During and after any clean up from water damage.
- Before and after any mold remediation has taken place.
If your home has recently been remediated for mold, then you need a clearance test.